Why would anyone want to eat something often referred to as "stinky bean"? The stinky bean is commonly eaten in Indonesia and Malaysia. (Malay called it Petai). Some people do not eat stinky bean. But why? Is it the fact about their smell... Actually stinky bean is good for health. They contained vitamins and minerals. Ok this is a science challenge for you guys out there. I challenge you guys to eat the STINKY BEAN WITH SAMBAL!!! The recipe is down here:-
Stinky bean with dried anchovies (this is spicy)
Stinky beans (halved to ensure there is no big eyes monster in it)
Dried anchovies (head and bones remove)
Quail Eggs (hard boiled and peel)
roasted chili paste
1. Pound red chili, shallots followed by roasted chili paste.
2. Heat oil and fry the peeled boiled eggs quickly until a thin crispy coating is formed
3.Deep fry anchovies till brown and crispy. Set aside.
4.Remove excess oil leaving enough to fry the chili paste. Fry until 'oil splits'.
5. Add Stinky bean and fry some more.
6. Add assam water and sugar to taste.
7. Lastly, combine fried quail eggs and anchovies and mix well until they are nicely coated
with the chili paste. Transfer to serving plate.
P/S: Some countries don't sell the Stinky bean and a reminder they're is something in the stinky bean that can make you scream! And it is........ THE WORM!!
<--- THIS IS WHY YOU NEED TO SPLIT OPEN INTO HALF